Is this normal???? Any suggestions????

Yesterday, I recieved a box of Eco-soya pure, and some CD sample wicks. I wanted to try this wax because the company said it has a better cold and hot throw. And I picked the wicks because they advertised as self trimming. I heated the wax poured in the f/o oil @ 180. I let it cool to about 100 then poured into containers. I poured 2 pint jars with 5% f/o but one with a cd 14 and the second one with a cd 16.(this is what sizes the company suggested for the size containers) My third one , I used 9% f/o with a cd14. I didn't use any coloring. My main focus right now is a good scent throw. I love this waxes scent throw compared to the Eco- soya adv. buuuuuuutttttttt, the wax is pulling a way from the jar and the melt pool is only the size of a quarter and the wick won't stay lit! I took one with 5% and one with 9% to school and had 12 teachers tell me which one smelt stronger unlit. With great news to my pocket book 5% F/O won in that tester. I'm a teacher asst. in kindergarden (great source of opinionated testers). Even my little guys like giving opinions. By the way alot of the teachers loved the Butt-Naked f/0. Finally, what can I try different to stop the wax pulling away from the jar? And would using a larger size wick fix my melt pool problem?(it looks like a deep tunnel where it burned) I hope I gave enough detail!:grin2: TIA

First of all what is the diameter of your jar? You did all the details correctly. Did all of them have small melt pools and how long did you burn them for? Sounds like you need to wick up. Your fragrance load can overwelm the wick. If its a strong scent you won't need to be so generous with your fragrance load. Only the weaker ones do you need to add a half ounce more. If after a two hour burn and you still have a quarter size pool especially after using a CD 14. I have used 12's with 100% soy and 6% fragrance load on 3.25 jars and have had success. The wet spots could be because your wax is shrinking down. Sometimes cooler air or rooms do that. I tend to have that in certains rooms I pour in that have too much air flow. Try setting a styrofoam container on top to let it cool slowly and airflow won't get to the jars to cool them down faster. I have found success that way. Some people even use their ovens to cool them. Turned off of course.

First of all, thank you Stacey for your help!:bow: The testers that had cd14s had quarter size tunnels where they burned, even though one had 5% f/o and one with 9% f/o. My third tester had a silver dollar size burn pool, with 5% f/o but with a cd16. I'm using 16 oz. mason jars. I measured the opening @ 2 1/2 in. It's not the wide mouth jars. I did turn my air conditioning up so it wouldn't be too cool in the kitchen but i did open the window to get air flow for me.:o Also, I had read some where that the darker the f/o the stronger it was. This f/o was totally clear. Smells yummy!!!:drool: It reminds me of juicy fruit gum. I really do appreciate your helping me.

I wick my 3" containers with a CD16, I think you may have too large a wick going on in there. I have some 2 1/2 in tins that I wick with a 10, but since it's glass, you may try a 12 - that will probably do much better.

Sounds like it's a f/o problem if the flame is drowning. Try a different oil with the same formula and see what happens. As for the wax pulling away from the jar, try applying heat to your container with the gun before pouring. Are you letting your candles sit 24-48 hours before test burning? That is another factor as the molecules in soy need to bind to the wax. I noticed you are adding oil at 180, try 145 and pour, heat jars and pour at 100. Let us know what happens. And try another oil. :)

Hi,

I use ecosoya pure wax with a 9% FO load. I don't use mason jars , I use hex jars ( which are a little harder to wick IMO). I have had the best luck with HTP and ECO wicks. Hemp works good also. I add scent at 150 and pour at 140-135 then let it sit COVERED on top of the stove. They have been turning out very well. I WAS cooling in the oven(off of course) and having a lot of air bubbles and sinkholes. I hope this info helps you. Another thing is I would rinse my jars out, there can be a film inside. Good luck!!!:cheesy2: