I need HELP with this soap mold

Ashlie K

Ok so I buy this mold and have my husband put it together for me.

I am contemplating on making a batch with this new soap mold. This soap mold is the one that is being sold on Ebay where a lining is required.

I have now "WASTED" Reynolds wax paper, saran cling wrap, and dry wax interfolded sheets that I bought from Costco.

I cant get any of these to fit in nicely in the mold without it coming out crinkly so to speak.

For those of you that use this contraption, how do you line it where its nice and neat and not worry if the first and last bar is going to come out wrinkly <sp> looking?

Here is the pic of the mold I am using

Thanks for any help.

SoapMold.jpg

Congrats on the new soap mold Ashlie!

Here's a log-mold-lining tuturial that Eugenia posted a while back, and it's GREAT because there's pics of each step along the way to really help you make quick work of lining any log mold. I notice you've got the grooves where you simply cut it once it's cooled, so what I'd recommend is....line it exactly as shown in the tutorial, and then after it's set up, take it all out (paper & all) and put the log back in the mold for cutting. Probably what you'd planned on doing anyway, but thought I'd mention it.

Here's the link for the log-mold-lining tutorial (it's a god-send!):

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=bathandbody;action=display;num=1088130010;start=0

Hope that helps ya! Have fun soapin that new mold!