Mall Craft Show Review

I did my first mall craft show on Sat the 06th, and it was bittersweet. I liked that everyone paid cash,but alot of people walked all around my booth and wouldn't even make eye contact with me.Weirdos! I didn't do as well as I wanted but I did better than I did at the church given by the same people. I also recommend that you don't do a mall show by ones self. I was at my booth and a lady came up with a camera and just took my pic, she didn't tell me her name or anything, I thought she was with the people giving the show, come to find out she was a vendor, I felt uncomfortable with her doing this, esp, since she made no attempt to introduce herself, and I don't even know where my pic will show up. How rude was that?!:mad: Has this happen to any of you before?

* I don't think she made candles* :undecided :confused: T*4*R*

Another vendor taking photos of your booth, no conversation.. with you right there?

Although it could be harmless (they liked your display) it could also be a retailer or competitor ready to duplicate your work. Might even be someone trying to pass off your display as their own for juried events. sigh, one of the reasons I have a big smarmy sign with my name on it hanging front & center on my display.

Did you report the photographer/vendor to the promoter& out of curiousity, what did this vendor sell?

p.s. I'm not a psych major (& I don't play one on tv lol) but my theory on folks that don't make eye contact is....they're just looking not buying yet, be polite & friendly they'll be back (hopefully after they hit the atm) :)

I'd be a little po'd if it were me. I had a woman at a show come up and introduce herself and say that she was also a vendor at the show (that made candles, as well). She bought one of my candles and said she loved to buy other's products to show her appreciation of the trade. Guess what??? She showed up the next year with a complete copy of my candles...even had the gaul to use some of the same wording on her labels...UGH...stuff like that really gets my goat! :cool: