Wick drowning...

Hi!

I had a friend that I made a couple candles for in 9oz Hex jars and she called last night to tell me that shes burned both of them for a couple hours and neither one of them would stay lit because I filled the jars too full.

I asked her if she was trimming the wicks too short and she swears up and down shes not.

I have probably tested about 30 of these jars with every kind of wick imaginable and get the best results with an LX 14 and have never had a wick drown unless I cut the wick too short.

Mind I tell you I love her dearly and we would do anything for each other BUT she is on the opposite page of anything I do. Doesnt like my hair when I get it cut doesnt like the shirt Im wairing, doesnt understand my interest for candles and soap and on and on!

I have asked her to bring them over and let me look at them but she doesnt know when she'll have time to do that!

So anyways, I always fill my containers to the first line in the jar and leave the wick about a half inch when Im done.

Does anyone think shes trimming the wick too short or did I fill the containers too full (which to me doesnt have much to do with it if your using the proper wick and leaving it long enough)??????

;)

Hi!

I had a friend that I made a couple candles for in 9oz Hex jars and she called last night to tell me that shes burned both of them for a couple hours and neither one of them would stay lit because I filled the jars too full.

I asked her if she was trimming the wicks too short and she swears up and down shes not.

I have probably tested about 30 of these jars with every kind of wick imaginable and get the best results with an LX 14 and have never had a wick drown unless I cut the wick too short.

Mind I tell you I love her dearly and we would do anything for each other BUT she is on the opposite page of anything I do. Doesnt like my hair when I get it cut doesnt like the shirt Im wairing, doesnt understand my interest for candles and soap and on and on!

I have asked her to bring them over and let me look at them but she doesnt know when she'll have time to do that!

So anyways, I always fill my containers to the first line in the jar and leave the wick about a half inch when Im done.

Does anyone think shes trimming the wick too short or did I fill the containers too full (which to me doesnt have much to do with it if your using the proper wick and leaving it long enough)??????

;)

Was this on her first burn ??

She might of trimmed the wick before her first burn.

Do you have another candle from the same batch? If so, test it

test is ok than I would just pat yourself on the back and go on :thumbsup:

Some people find something wrong with everything when the truth is

they just aren't happen within their self.

Hate to say it but is she jealous :sad2: of your new craft?

Yes, this was the first burn in both the jars.

She said she didnt trim them at all!

I burned one for about 2 hours out of this batch last night after I got off the phone with her and had no problems with the wick drowning...

Yes, this was the first burn in both the jars.

She said she didnt trim them at all!

I burned one for about 2 hours out of this batch last night after I got off the phone with her and had no problems with the wick drowning...

Maybe someone else here has more experience than me but,

My money is on the results of your test burn.

Since you seemed to of noticed a pattern in her comments on other things.

:rockon: You have handled it well my friend.