Buttercream!!!!

stacien

I purchased Buttercream from Natures Garden and loved it. It smelled just like Yankee's and especially added to Soy it accentuated the fragrance even more. I used it up just for my husband because he loves that particular one and he burns it in his office.

I ran out and wasn't making a big order from NG but I was ordering a ton of wicks from Lonestar so I decided to try their Buttercream. Their Birthday Cake is pretty good. But their Buttercream is weak. I had three different people smell the candle and smell oob and they all agreed it wasn't as strong as NG's. Sometimes I do believe the phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I should have stuck with something I know works. Now I am stuck with a weak fragrance and I have to order another bottle from NG. How stupid I was to assume I would like it and not try a sample first. My husband did that with Mac Apple. He ordered a pound without a sample and that bottle doesn't throw in soy for me to save my life. So I will try Granny smith next time. Only a sample.

Sorry to hear that !

This happened to me a long time ago with Buttercream from MC.

I know a lot of other people have had great luck with it, :sad2:

I had nothing OOB and Nothing in Wax.

Sometimes I wonder when distributors get their orders in if they don't get

the same quality oils at all times. NOT THEIR FAULT MIND YOU but a

quality control issue from the manufacturer. AND THAN MAYBE NOT ?

Sometimes you can get a strange batch too. A few months ago, I ordered JS Pink Lemonade after using up the last bottle I had. When my new order came, it smelled nothing like Pink Lemonade and wouldn't throw either. I called Becky and found out that my bottle came from the last of the barrel and that this FO is super heavy on the vanilla. So most likely, it didn't get stirred up well enough and I got mostly the vanilla that settled towards the bottom of the barrel. She sent a replacement from the new shipment and it was perfect. So somtimes I think that you can get a lousy bottle from a great batch of FO or a lousy bottle from a lousy batch of Fo.

Its almost an all butter smell instead of like buttercream frosting. I used it in a 16 oz melting pot jar candle double wicked. I tried different rooms. I even used other peoples noses. Too much work to put in the classies for a 16 oz bottle. I'll try it in pillars and votives. Sometimes MC's pillar blend throws scents that don't work well in Soy.