Wax dipped bear???

Excuse my ignorance, i have not seen or heard of a wax dipped bear, why would anyoone want to dip a teddy into wax?? What happens if its left in sunlight, or am i way off track is a wax dipped bear not just a teddy covered in wax.

Please, can anyone let me know what a wax dipped bear is, i have no idea?

XCxxx

A wax dipped bear is a just that. A wax dipped bear. They scent up a small space for quite a while. They are great for places like a baby's room where you wouldn't want even a wickless candle. They are fairly inexpensive to make with a good return in profit. People love them and buy them.

Yeah, imho it's a country/prim type of air freshener that works great in small spaces. They lose their scent over time, but it takes a long time. I made one last summer to try out. It's in my office and it still smells strong. I think people really buy them because of the novelty. But I don't care why they buy them because I make a hefty profit, lol. They can be a pain in the butt to make though.

I love making bears, but be careful - there are some on the boards that are anti-bear dipping. I just do mine in my normal presto pot. I do scraggles that are 7 1/2 inches (sitting) and I am able to sell them for $18 easily...

I've been making these for a few years, and they can be a pain to make, but they are ah to cute when they are done. I have found that if you put them in the cheap clear storage bags, tie a ribbon around the top to display them they hold the scent a whole lot longer then taking them out, and still look just as cute. The cheap bags are thinner and you can see them better and also it really doesn't let the air get to them, but let's the scent come through. But let us all not forget what we were taught, Ha! If the fragrance fades, use a blow dryer , heat them up a little, and good to go again, and again, and, well we got it! Good Luck!

millcreek's directions these can also be found on their website mcsoywax.com

heat wax to 175 (you do not have to let it get that hot) add 1.5oz fo, dip critter or bear into scented melted wax. using rubber gloves squeeze out as much wax as you can, repeating the this step again dip & squeeze. take a fork and fluff the fur until desired look is achieved. place on wax paper to dry. when dry, place your scented air freshner critter on a plate to protect furniture. i always put on the warning label not to sit in a hot car, in the sun and away from other heat sources. for more info & bears & critters check out millcreek they have 2 sizes of bears and the cello bags to put them in.

Everyone has their own way of doing it, but we are all pretty much the same. I melt my wax in my presto pot add about 1.5 oz of FO per pound and a touch of color. I usually use butterscotch for my teddies. Dip them in and let them soak up the wax. Some people wring them out really well, some dont at all and some do something in between. I set mine on wax paper and fluff them out a little and let them harden. There usually is a little pool of wax that forms around the teddies bum, I chip it off and throw it back in the pot!!

They are a pain to make, but they are adorable! And people love to get them as gifts.

I dip mine in my presto pot, then hang them over the pot to drip while I fluff them with a fork. Then after most of the wax has dripped off, I give it another squeeze, then set on foil and fluff again.

I use Ezsoy, it is a very soft wax and easy to work with.

I am sitting next to one that I made in October and it is still going strong.

Wow since Oct, do you use essential oils or just candle scent, i supose they have to be strong scents yes?

How do you hang a bear up? Tryin to picture fluffing out a teddy while its sittin on a mat, wil it not keep falling over?

Cxx