1/2 Cup Citric Acid

1/2 Cup Cornstarch

1/4-1/2 Cup fine grade Sea Salt

2.5 TBS veggie oil

3/4 TBS water

2 tsp. lotion safe fragrance oil

1/4 tsp. borax

liquid dye

mix dry ingredients, except borax in a large bowl.

in a bottle, mix together water, oil, liquid dye, fo and borax. cap the top of the bottle and shake well. remove cap and cover bottle opening with finger/ thumb. while mixing dry ingredients, drizzle liquid blend into the dry mixture slowly, continously blending the liquid into the dry, until fully incorporated., make sure to do this slowly. adding the liquid blend too quickly can trigger the fizzing action.

i like to add mica and glitter, crushed herbs or tea, and then form into balls with a meat baller, or press very firmly into molds. wait a few seconds, remove carefully and set on a wax lined cookie sheet to air dry overnight.

i get super hard bombs with this one...

( i have also subbed cyclomethicone for the veggie oil and liked it as well)

i don't use butters since they would leave the tub quite slick after use...these in themselves tend to be pretty moisturizing.

I use Elizabeths bath bomb recipie from the recipie section. I decreased the amount of alcohol/witch hazel by half. I mix my dry ingredients minus the citric with my wet ingredients, then add the citric when its well combined. As well whisk your dry ingredients well before mixing the wet in. This makes 4 christmas tree ornament sized bath bombs with a little left over to sprinkle in my sons bath.

If you have trouble getting them to stick together, try subbing 1/2 the sweet almond oil with castor oil.

edited to add: I dry these in my oven, I put it on 175 for a few minutes then turn it off when I add the bombs. If you live in a humid area the citric can react and cause your bombs to explode.