Any problem using a Stainless Steel Stick Blender to make CP?

KJohnson

Any problem using a Stainless Steel Stick Blender to make CP?

I had bought a cheap one from Wal-Mart that lasted about 3 batches of soap..if that....So I was out today and thought I better get another one well since i live out in the sticks there isnt much of a selection...So I ened up with this being my only choice and it was $29.99. 300 watts of power it says..lol

Its Stainless Steel even the blade...can I use this to make CP?

What do you ladies think??

post-1508-139458399782_thumb.jpg

Thank you Robin..I would have never paid that much for one...but the only alternative was to drive another 40 miles round trip to buy a cheaper one....and they price of gas I figured I was better off payong $29.99 for this one.

Don't do it~JK !! LOL I did my first 7 batches using this puppy and let me tell ya its POWERFUL. I bought this and the white lower grade one at Walmart (both were $9.99 for me that's why I bought both, they were clearancing out the SS Blender). The stainless steel one IMO is just too powerful for me! I'm sure it's a combo of the pail I am using and doing 2 to 3 lb batches it was incorporating too many air bubbles. So because of its power it would get away from me and go to the top incorporating air bubbles. What can I say I'm a wimp. Its does a good job and doesn't take as long to trace! I did 11 batches this past weekend using the cheap white one and I was in control of the blender the whole time (I prefer this one).:wink2:

If it traps air in the blade area when you put it in the soap to use it, put the SB into your soap at an angle so the air can be released almost as soon as you put it in the soap.

Mine is like this and that's all I do to release the trapped air, just put it into the soap at an angle and a big air bubble (sometimes a few smaller ones) pop up right away, rather than incorporating into the batch of soap.

Make sure not to use your SB constantly or you will burn the motors out a whole lot faster. I do about 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off (and stir with the SB when it's off).

this SB is really nice. Im not kidding you I whipped this 4 pound batch of soap in minutes compared to that POS I had before...It is pretty powerful...and if you arent paying attention can make a mess...LOL

Im liking it!