Labelling M&P

cmille3

Do I have to? Can I just put "glycerin soap and fragrance"? I know I'm being lazy. But my CP soaps only have 7 ingredients in them and M&P has sooooo many with names that are so inviting of typos!

Thanks.

If you make claims on your product, regardless whether it's M&P or CP you need to put proper INCI names on the product.

With M&P it's tricky though. I was always under the impression that because some brands have detergents in it, that you were required to label it, but I have also heard people state that you don't have to if you don't make claims.

I know this isn't much help, and I'm sorry.

For me though, to be on the safe side, I always label my M&P, that way I'm covered. :)

I always label mine, I also worry about problems people might have to some of the ingredients. Better safe then sorry.. All I do is save the list of ingredients and then copy and paste them to where i want them on the label. No typos this way and no hassle. You can save them in a file in your documents. Then if you use additives you can just insert them where you need to on the label. Sue

I think if a person has skin sensitivities they should know to stay away from things with unknown ingredients. You certainly can't go wrong by listing them, but I was under the impression that soaps are not required to list ingredients.