Label problems

Ok,I know I read someone having issues with labels. The labels wrinkle, bleed, so forth. I am not in a mass production of course, not yet anyway,lol lol (I can dream) but I do have a few people that I make products for. I did read a thread about this at one point and read someone say something about packing tape. I don't want to sound stupid but if one uses packing tape would you put it around the entire bottle or just so it covers label? Or what I am having an airhead moment I guess. I think this could be just the answer I am looking for but I also want it to look profesional as possible. thanks in advance to any help. I almost forgot...on the same thread a few days ago someone was talking about vinyl labels...how expensive are these labels compared to the others? Is is worth the $$ or is packing tape a cheaper ok route.

thanks cathy

I use packing tape - I don't go all the way around the bottle/jar, though. What I do is lay my label on the tape and trim the tape up a little. I taper the ends so they don't crinkle up where they meet the curve of the bottle. (Does that make sense to you because it sounds a little confusing seeing it written out.) Maybe it's just me or my so-called labels but I don't really like the way it looks - to me it looks kind of tacky so I'm going to bite the bullet and get me some *real* labels. Hope that helps a little?