How much TD?

OutlandishLady

I use 1/2 tsp for my entire batch (2.5 lbs) without any chalkiness. I did make some once with TD that was crumbly a long time ago but I don't remember how much I used. I have been using 1/2 tsp for a while with no problems.

Good luck with it. I've tried several batches and the TD doesn't mix in well for me. The stuff I bought is supposed to be oil and water soluble, but in oil it didn't mix at all so I put it in the lye water just before adding it. I stir crap out of it and it still leaves powdery little spots in the soap. At 1 tsp to 4lbs of soap it turns the soap a yellowish brown cream color (almost white) and only a few powdery or chalky spots. At 1 tsp per 1 lb of soap the bars are white powder speckled and chalky. Not good at all.

The TD I have looks about like cheap baking flour to start with. Maybe some TD is finer??? I really don't know as this is the only batch I have tried.

I mix the crap out of it before adding to the oils, but I notice that if I stop whipping it for a min or 2 there is always a slurry of td in the bottom of the bowl.

I'll be watching this thread to see what luck you have. I sure would like to get it to work. I've been trying to make white soap for a long time now.

i mix mine with a little water and stir. add i teaspoon to a 2 lb batch is what i start with and add more if needed.i try to get it ware it looks almost white. it seems to lighten up more it ends up white in the end.when i add the TD to the water after mixing i add some soap to it to get it all stirred up and mixed well.