SFIC Low Sweat Clear vs. Clear

sockmonkey

With my clear soaps...like for fish in a bag or my fishy slices soap, I don't add a thing if I want them to remain crystal clear with clarity.

For basic clear/or opaque bases or the I don't care if they cloud a little bit or not soaps, I add 1 tsp Castor Oil PP of base along with about 1/16 tsp or less of regular granulated sugar.

I guess I should have clarified that, sorry.

GG (or anyone), do you know if the clear base sweats a lot? I used a honey base before, which was not SFIC. It was a amber, not perfectly clear, and I noticed that it "sweat." I hated it and I threw it in the trash.

Since then, I have only used opaque goat's milk or shea butter m&p and never noticed a sweat. Do you think I will be likely to have a sweat problem with SFIC's regular clear base?

SockMonkey, I think the "sweating" is a hit or miss type thing, I really have NO problem with any of the bases I've used ever sweating, unless I've left it in the freezer too long, then they might sweat a bit, but they always dry out by the next day, no problemo. ;)

It may have something to do with the humidity where you live.

But I've never noticed a big difference between bases just based on the sweating.

I just use the plain ol' clear and white from SFIC, nothing fancy, I have tried the low sweat/cp type white and clear bases from them, and didn't really notice any difference in the clears but the white low sweat seemed more "rubbery" to me than the reg. white base. Go figure. ???

I've never seen a clearer clear mp base than the clear coconut base from WSP either, I think it's so clear it's almost blue, kind of like an icecube. ;) (I just refuse to buy it, cuz their shipping is outrageous!!)