new site

jaimenic

Hi! You need to proofread some things, you have choose you(not your) scent, email of(not or) call me. What is the first scent you listed, it says angle, is it supposed to be angel? Just a few things I noticed. I had to go back a couple of times on mine to make sure they were spelled correctly!!

Guest EMercier

I didn't really go over it with a fine tooth comb, but I did notice that first picture when you come up is too dark. Everything looks pretty good. I'd have to go back again and really look if you want feedback like that. Otherwise, everything comes up very quickly.

Sidebar, how did you get a forum together?

please don't take it badly, but why saying all that bad things about paraffin candles???

It seems they are a danger for health!

I agree completely!!! I feel that the scare tactic is bad. Honestly, each wax has its ups and downs and are suited for particular purposes. Soy has drawbacks also, why not list these.

Sorry, but I think trashing paraffin is the wrong way to go and misleading.

Janette

And yet another concern-- in the forum on your site (www.naturalscenttoremember.tk) you were asking for help on wicking a 16 oz. jar, but I find this size already being sold on your other website.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way because testing is a very important part of candlemaking. Although I'm not sure how much testing you've done, it is a step that cannot be stressed enough, nor skipped.

Im sorry for saying things about par wax i will take out the word parffin and say other candles is that ok

It would be better if you say what's good about your candles without referring to 'other' candles. It strikes me as more professional when someone is able to tell the good points of their products without putting down other companies' products.

I have been testing i found my answer a while ago but i just wanted to see if i could get the forum started with a question.

That was one question i know i had when i was testing

huh??? Why would you start a forum with a question you already knew the answer to?

Ok im sorry for that im still trying to come up with something im not very creative so i will be changing that for now

i did most of the other changes im new at his web thing sorry to offend you not my thinking please dont get mad i will be posting customers comments tomorrow so keep looking

You want honest, I'll give you honest, but you might not like it.

Here is something I have a problem with:

"Soy candles come from a vegetable. They are non-toxic and they do not produce soot! They are 100% biodegradable. They also burn 50% longer and burn at lower tempertures than paraffin (wax that are used in normal candles.)

Paraffin candles give off a petroleum soot and toxin aromatic hydrocarbons. Something you do not want yourself or family to inhale. (second hand smoke)"

To me, it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about. You've read information somewhere and are trying to make it work for you, without researching what any of it means.

"Soy candles" do not "come from a vegetable". They are created by using a wax manufactured using SOYBEAN OIL. The way you have it phrased makes it sound like you can go out and harvest a bunch of candles growing out in a field.

They burn at lower "tempertures" than paraffin (wax that "are" used in "normal" candles).

I think you mean to say that they burn at lower temperatures than most common non-soy candles, such as paraffin. By calling paraffin candles "normal" you are essentially saying yours are abnormal.

Do you even know anything about chemistry and hydrocarbons? It's apparent that you don't since you reference "toxin aromatic hydrocarbons." Unless you are prepared to give a lesson on what aromatic hydrocarbons are on your website, you shouldn't even mention it.

To me your website is only showing ignorance and not doing anything to promote your candles. You seem more like a puppet for the soybean industry, rather than someone selling handcrafted items.

You are definitely not the only person who does this. I've seen the second hand smoke comment so many times I could puke. It's so amature--using scare tactics to try and sell soy candles. You should just focus on what YOUR candles do. Not someone elses. If YOUR candles are clean burning, long lasting and come in an abundance of delightful fragrances, then that's what you need to say. There's no need to trash any other type or brand. All your doing by making negative comments about other products is showing that you don't have enough confidence for your products to stand on their own.

Sorry if it sounds brutal, but I hope you would rather read advice here and make changes, than to sit around and wonder why you're not getting any orders on your website.