Where's the Meltpool?

:P

Hi,

I recently ordered a box of soy wax from a company I never ordered soy from before. I normally get my soy from KY, but since I was shopping for FO on this other supplier's web site, I thought I would just get my soy wax from her.

Well, my soy/bw blend and my joy/soy blend are both not behaving! :confused: When I first light the candle - all is perfect - a beautiful melt pool and a strong scent throw. Well, the rest of the burns are all different - it is as if my meltpool will form and then 'disappear'. It goes down the sides of the jar in between the candle and the candle's container. I don't know WHY as I did nothing different except order soy from a different supplier. I assumed most 100% soy waxes were pretty much the same? :undecided Could this be what is happening to my meltpool?

I am sad... :cry2: Any opinions?

Thanks so much. :)

Editing in: Well duh to me - I just checked the web site and see it does NOT have cottonseed in it but the KY125 DOES and that is what I normally use. What does cottonseed have to do with this, if anything? Could it be killing me' meltpool? lol ;) Ahhhh Calgon...

Every container blend is different, so if you change products you'll have to start testing from scratch. There are any number of ways the results are liable to differ.

100% soy doesn't change that. It's still not a single substance but a blend of ingredients, so each product will use a different formula.