Poke Relief Holes

Don't know what wax you are using Ginger. I do not poke relief holes in my containers (4 oz to 16 oz). i have used J223 and am testing the Greenleaf 70/30. If you have some sinking on the tops you can just hit them with your heat gun or stick them in the oven for a few minutes.

I hav e been pouring for over 12 years and stopped poking holes about 11 years ago, also had to stop heating my jars, I make way to many to go through all that and after the first year I realized I was waisting my time, they dont ever get sink holes at all unless it is really cold out and they dry to fast after I pour them, and then I will fix those but trying to do every one? NO way, I pour about 60 cases a week, I just would not have the time, and why fix it it it isnt broken?;)

Thanks for everyones thoughts on to poke or not to poke. The 10 oz. didn't really seem to need it and but wasn't sure on the 11.5 or 16. I think the 16 oz. really needed it. I use J223 wax. Thanks again.

I have found the colder the room temp the more likely you will get air pockets and sometimes sink holes. So if you are able to have temp. control in the room or insulate the poured candles that should, for the most part, elimanate air pockets or sink holes.