Wicks

How do you know what size of wick to add to your candle, i kinda have a clue, but i just made a butterlfy candle that weighs about 6oz and i used i thikn it was 1.5 inch wick, no sure as its old wicks, no measurements with it, but after a while i had a huge flame and it started to burn??

What did i do wrong??

Chrisxx

The size of the wick depends on the diameter of the candle, the type of wax and the fragrance oil. I look at wick charts to give me a starting point.

Personally If I have a wick that I dont know the exact size of, I dont use it. If it burns perfectly you wont know what size wick to buy more of, so it's useless IMO.

Ohh dear, i have 2 huge big rolls of the stuff, i wonder if i can send a piece to the shop i got it from, maybe they can tell me yeah?

also this butterfly is about 3 inch in diameter and it holds about 60z of wax.

Am stuck now ::((

Thank you, i know it sounded a bit dumb lol.

Cxx

Candles such as a budduh (sp) or other types with odd shapes can never be wicked to burn correctly. Those are basically considered a "novelty" candle and is more for looks than burning. You can wick and burn it, but it will not be a good burn. JMO. Good Luck