Car Decals

Someone mentioned the car details and if it was worth the investment. Today on the way to work, I saw a decorative punched magnet advertising her new gift basket service. She happend to get off the same exit, so I waved and asked her about it...It's a printable magnet from Avery. $8-12 at Walmart. She had printed her information and decorated it with shaped punches and scrapbooking scissor edges. I thought it was a neat idea. Just a thought...

Okay, let's say you want to do a car decal.........

something simple.........What would the best things be to say that people could see quickly but make them WANT TO CONTACT YOU!

Obviously your business name

Number and/or website address

A picture of a product or two

When it comes to 'soap' what could you put that would be easy to read while driving.......so obviously no sentences........maybe a few things in point form?

ANY IDEAS?:highfive:

I've seen this at office depot before. It's a magnetic sheet about 1/16" thick that's white on one side. If your printer can handle the thickness, you can just print it yourself. If you can't do it yourself, you can have it done at any printing service. A word of warning though: If you do not use waterproof ink, guess what happens the first time it rains? Also, no matter what type of ink you use, it WILL fade fairly quickly.

My advice is to spend a couple more dollars and have a sign shop either screen print or apply vinyl lettering to your magnets. They'll last a whole lot longer. Heck, for the cost of the Avery magnets + printing, a sign shop might even be cheaper. Plus, a sign shop can make them in any size or shape you want. You're very limited to the size the Avery ones come in. I've only seen them in 8.5" x 11". That, in my opinion, is way too small for car door magnets. You need to be right up next to the car to read them.

I worked in a sign shop for 4 years and made many of these magnets. The minimum size we ever recommended was 12" x 18" (twice the size of the Avery's).

I've seen this at office depot before. It's a magnetic sheet about 1/16" thick that's white on one side. If your printer can handle the thickness, you can just print it yourself. If you can't do it yourself, you can have it done at any printing service. A word of warning though: If you do not use waterproof ink, guess what happens the first time it rains? Also, no matter what type of ink you use, it WILL fade fairly quickly.

My advice is to spend a couple more dollars and have a sign shop either screen print or apply vinyl lettering to your magnets. They'll last a whole lot longer. Heck, for the cost of the Avery magnets + printing, a sign shop might even be cheaper. Plus, a sign shop can make them in any size or shape you want. You're very limited to the size the Avery ones come in. I've only seen them in 8.5" x 11". That, in my opinion, is way too small for car door magnets. You need to be right up next to the car to read them.

I worked in a sign shop for 4 years and made many of these magnets. The minimum size we ever recommended was 12" x 18" (twice the size of the Avery's).

Wow, didn't think of the ink fade or running. Good thought! Thanks! :grin2:

I was thinking the same thing about the ink running.........

Actually my step-dad owns a sign shop and I've already thought of asking him to do something up for me........I just hate asking for things because, I don't want him to think, because he's family, I'm hinting on doing it for free.

So I'm kind of trying to come up with a design with a picture or two....and know exactly what it should say........

I had vinyl lettering done on the back window of my van and it was totally worth the money. A friend did mine so it was only $50 but he said normally it would be $75-100 depending on how much is done. I got my business name, location, web addy and phone #.

I just placed my order for the car decals. I'm just going to get the magnetic sign for each side door, and a small bumper sticker with the logo on it, for when my husband goes to work and doesn't want the magnet on the car. LOL

Just want to mention that I completely made this logo myself with the

Ol Paint program! HAHA

Here it is, but I will take a picture when I get the sign.

Probably the end of the week!

1finallogosmall8fm.png

Most sign shop's ie: sign-a-rama (who have offices all over) does them. They are well worth the money. They also do business card holders with magnets for your car also. So when you go somewhere and park just place it on the side of your car and people can get your business card also along with seeing your business name on your back window or side doors.

Most sign shop's ie: sign-a-rama (who have offices all over) does them. They are well worth the money. They also do business card holders with magnets for your car also. So when you go somewhere and park just place it on the side of your car and people can get your business card also along with seeing your business name on your back window or side doors.

I've never seen this, but what a great idea! Esp. for people like me who tend to forget things that aren't written down.

Tasha, I like that your web addy is big and bold. Can't wait to see the finished sign!

~Mag