Hi I'm new

truthsangel

If its glycerin soap you want M&P will be your new best friend! The best part about it is its really hard to mess up (unless you add to much Stearic Acid...but I wouldnt recomend adding any anyways lol long story)

What I would do to start is buy some base and some colors and scent... bring it home and see what you have that you can use as a mold... I really like empty juice cans and right now I am making soap popcicles out of a popcicle mold.... anything that is bendy (a bit) will work.

Just have fun...play around and be creative... there are lots of good ideas on this board go and look in the gallery for some inspiration and jump in...

you will love it!!!! welcome to soaping!!!

Welcome. I am really new to soaping too. I started a couple months ago when I got a FO that I wanted to get up-close & personal with. So I bought some of the M&P base from the craftstore and a couple of their plactic molds. Had a ton of FOs that were soap compatible so 'a soaping' I went. It's really easy using this stuff & almost impossible to do anything wrong. Kits are available at the craftstores and online suppliers.

But now I'm ready to try some quality bases & venture into adding some butters. Wanna get some quality colorants too so that I can try my hand swirling.

...so go for it :)

I can understand wanting to make soap! I do too... I havent tried CP yet though.... I think that M&P can make a great bussiness its all in the creativity! People like to get something unique... and not everyone has the time and ideas to make unique soaps.... so although it is relatively easy to do m&p... I think that its the ideas and time you are really selling. (along with a great product!)

I think that if you're interested in getting into CP, then go for it! I have made one batch, and it was highly addicting, and not at all hard, in the sense that it was straightforward, and you follow the recipe. Now seizing and swirling? That's hard.

Anyway, you may find that M&P is a great entry into the soapmaking world, and there are many cool things you can do with it. Check out the gallery and you'll be amazed at the talent some of these people have.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3481&highlight=party

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5019&highlight=party

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20181&highlight=fish+log