container burning problems, please help

I am double wicking containers that are 3 1/4" wide and about 3 1/5" high IGI 4786 with 4% FO from CC. I have tried the recommended 44Z, tried 36z, many htp. I am getting a great burn, little or no soot, but when I get down to the last 1/3, the wicks start getting weak. I have tried trimming, not trimming. Is this the nature of double wicking? I can't get a good picture to show, but this has happened with 4 different wicks. I just expect the wick to perform the same from top to bottom, is this not the case?

imo, no its not the nature of double wicking. no matter if you have 1 or 2 wicks in your container, it should burn all the way down.

if it does not burn all the way down, then you need to try different wicks until you achieve the burn you want.

A picture would definetly help, to see the jar you are using etc.... Once a container candle gets down to the bottom, the burn will change, it will burn hotter IMO when you say one third is that like 1/2 inch or more than that.

I tried getting a good pic, but it doesn't show well. Its more like 1 1/2" from the bottom. I am trying a different FO, but my thought is that it is smothering being closed up in the jar? is that crazy? like no air. I only pour in tureens or smaller tumblers, but with the opening being smaller that the container itself that was my thought. I 'm sure one of "tech" people will know if that's the case. I am thinking in order to avoid this I will have to wick up and get a lot of soot during the end of the candle.