? about Martha Mold

foxhill

I just got a martha mold (the one with three rectangles) I searched and read that I need to line it. I read that CPOP will warp, I was wondering about HP. Does anyone know what size batch this mold holds. I think the formula for that was l x w x h x 0.4, is that correct?

Yes, I killed Martha in the oven! HP is fine.

I just got a martha mold (the one with three rectangles) I searched and read that I need to line it. I read that CPOP will warp, I was wondering about HP. Does anyone know what size batch this mold holds. I think the formula for that was l x w x h x 0.4, is that correct?

I've used my martha molds in the oven before and have not had any permanent issues. I only put my oven on 175 for an hour and then turn it off. The times I did get some mis-shaping, it was one of the middle pieces. To straighten it out, I filled the entire mold with hot water (very hot) and after a few minutes, bent the mis-shaped piece back to where it should be and started running the cold water again. Re-shaped just fine, but it was too much of a pain, so I quit using the oven.

Also, you don't need to line if you don't want to. Mineral oil, just a light layer inside, will make it very easy to get the soap out. Make sure it's a light layer of mineral oil. Fill mold, leave for 24 hours or more, turn upside down on clean parchment paper, and gently press bottom of the mold and it comes out for me.