Weird, weird request

Mei-Mei

One of my friends has requested a candle that smells like crab boil for a co-worker ! Anyone know of an FO or combination that smells like boiling crabs? I guess any boiling seafood would do. Apparently my friends co-worker really goes nuts for that smell.:cheesy2:

I have never heard of anything that smells like that. Personally, it sounds a little gross, but who am I to judge? Good luck finding that FO.

I think it sounds pretty gross too, but I guess the guy just loves the smell of seafood boiling! It's funny because people usually burn candles to get rid of the smell of seafood, not the other way around.:laugh2:

Okay got out my can of Old Bay maybe this can help ya find something close to what you are looking for it says the ingredients are:

celery salt, spices including mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon, and paprika.

On the back the directions for steamed crabs is to add the old bay and vinegar.

I have to say good luck, this is not going to be an easy feat. Though I totally understand, I have a friend asking for a candle that smells like barbecue ribs.

Okay got out my can of Old Bay maybe this can help ya find something close to what you are looking for it says the ingredients are:

celery salt, spices including mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon, and paprika.

On the back the directions for steamed crabs is to add the old bay and vinegar.

I have to say good luck, this is not going to be an easy feat. Though I totally understand, I have a friend asking for a candle that smells like barbecue ribs.

Thanks Heather! The ingredients give me a good place to start.;)

I would suggest finding a very strong sea smell, like bladderwrack (Sweetcakes has this in their essential oils blends) and mixing it with a spice mixture FO that has clove in it. I think that's probably the closest you'll get!

If you come up with a solution let us all know. I live on the west coast and we eat lots of crab. I just don't think you will find a combination that smells anything like it. I think you would actually have to use crab shells and make an absolute from the real thing. An absolute is a solvent extacted oil. Good luck.

Cheers

Janette

Guest highflier

Taylor Concepts just made 2 Crawfish Boil FO for one of there customers. #1 is Mild and #2 is spicey. On the bottle they are listed as Crawfish Boil #1 and Crawfish Boil #2. Give Robert a call at 1-866-322-9944. These scents are new so you will have to ask Robert for them. Tell him I sent you.

Hope this helps,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Taylor Concepts just made 2 Crawfish Boil FO for one of there customers. #1 is Mild and #2 is spicey. On the bottle they are listed as Crawfish Boil #1 and Crawfish Boil #2. Give Robert a call at 1-866-322-9944. These scents are new so you will have to ask Robert for them. Tell him I sent you.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Wow, I just noticed this reply! Thanks Mike!!!