in regards to chunking candles

I've come into a problem when burning chunk candles, and other than hitting the outside with a heat gun, or trying to find a clear wax for overdipping; when the heat hits a chunk and melts it, all the wax pool pours right thru the hole it leaves. So is my wax pool too wide? Is my wick too large? I don't know. I love the look of the chunk candle but won't sell any because of this problem.

Alyce:embarasse

We might be able to help you better if we knew what kind of wax you're using for both your chunks & overpour, the diameter of the candle, it's shape, & the wick. It might be useful to know how thick your chunks are.

Just a heads up, you posted your query in the candle gallery. You might get better results by posting in the gen'l candle making category instead &/or including a pix of your candle here.

Just going to ask the obvious here - please don't be offended - but after filling your mould with chunks did you then fill your mould with liquid wax to fill in all the gaps? The reason for the question is that your description is a bit like what happens with ice candles and ice candles are full of holes. I agree with mtngrl that a photo would be helpful.