First Day here

Hi,,Yes the Presto Pot is a good must have!!! It is called a Presto Kitchen Kettle from Wal-mart and there are instructions on this Board to put spigots on if you like,,,,I love using the presto pot better then a double boiler,,,a lot easier to use and you can control the temp. Make sure to get a candy thermometer or a digital one,,,HTH;)

thanks, I have made a few candles using the double boil and it takes so long and then once u make a candle you have to start all over...melting. I have made some cute sundeas with the ice cream on top. I tried to make a pillar candle with a different color on the top, sort of in the middle. I used a tart candle but it melted and had no contrast, how do you do that?

Hi snow you sure do have a lot of questions, it is exciting when you start creating. A great way to start is to decide what you want to do first containers or pilliars. And work with that for awhile. I started by getting 2 starter kits from peaks, the one for votives and pillars and on for containers. Worked on wicking coloring finding fragrances I liked and kind of master each one as I went along. Sheesh a coke bottle good luck with that one LOL Sounds like you have the enthusiasm, good luck.

I have made several candles in a coke glass, shaped like ahh..bigger on the top and then narrows down toward the bottom. I put the whipped wax on top to look like foam, it burns fine until it gets to the narrow part of the glass. It smokes...I'm thinking I need a smaller wick, is this right?

It is very challenging to wick a container that has varying widths, since wick size is based on diameter of the jar. :smiley2: Either I get the wide part correct, but it burns too quickly / hot in the narrow part of the jar, or I get the narrow part down pat and the wide part doesn't get a full melt pool. LOL