Air bubbles

I was looking in the archive, but couldn't seem to bring anything up on the subject of air bubbles. In some of my larger candles (container) I will get fairly large bubbles and air pockets. Is there something that can be done about it. On a somewhat side note, when doing a second pour, how long do people usually wait?

Thanks in advance for any help people are able to offer, I just love this place and the people are incredibly helpful!:grin2:

That can happen with soy, you just need to be careful how vigorously you stir your wax before pouring. You should stir with something that will not introduce air into the wax, like a wire whisk. Usually a metal spoon or a butter knife work well.

Tell us what wax, FO, additives and pour technique you use and we may be able to find the culprit.

:)

geek

You can also get air bubbles from overheating. Be sure you keep your soy temps low when melting, usually no higher than about 185 or so. I always wait several hours before poking and heatgunning the tops, so it gives the wax a chance to set up all the way through. But I think the poke and repour is all a personal preference thing.