Rec'd my DayStar samples.....

Michi

I'm no longer a DayStar virgin! LOL

I rec'd 11 samples (ordered 12 but didn't receive one?? :( ) and some I'm LOVIN' OOB and others I'm thinkin' ewwwww but maybe they'll be better in wax or other applications (I hope). :tongue2:

This is what I got:

Ice Box Lemon Pie- has that really strong rotten smell that a lot of FO's have when they are vanilla based, the lemon is really light in this, but I'm hoping that it'll evolve. This is a SUPER dark oil also. JFYI

Mimosa Breeze- Yummm Hard to explain, but it's definitely a floral w/citrus undertones.

Good Lookin' Cowboy- ok, at first sniff this is overpowering with leather & denim LOL, but after dabbing a bit on my hand and "wearing" it for a couple of hours, I can definitely smell a slight "cologne" smell, and it's kind of growing on me. I'm thinking of calling it "Good Lookin' Biker" (if I decide to carry it that is) though, since I have never really smelled a Good Lookin' Cowboy or even been around any, but I live with Good lookin/smellin' biker dude!! :D

Tangled in Barb Wire- Again overpowering leather smell here, with fruit undertones, not sure about this one either. I think I'm just not liking the leather notes. (note to self, never buy a straight leather FO, you don't like it!! LOL)

Kaleidoscope- hmm trying to think what this reminds me of?? Hard to explain the scent on this (at least to ME) but the more I sniff the more I think it has a citrus,apple, spice and patchouli thing going on. ;)

Ooh La La-yumm This is definitely a femine fruity/floral scent, I like it!

Vanille Abricot- All I can say about this one- YUMM wanna drink it!! LOL Definitely a vanilla apricot combo!

Wood Violet & Sugar Maple- Ok on first sniff the sugar maple is overpowering, but again, after dabbing on my hand and "wearing" it for a couple of hours, definitely smell the woodsy floral in there, and my daughter says it reminds HER of walking into the Ambercrombie & Fitch (sp?) store??? I don't know what that means, do they have their own cologne/prefume?? This one is growing on me!

Raspberries & Whit Roses- Ok, someone here said this is VERY strong OOB, and boy they were NOT kidding!! :eek: Smells just like Smuckers Raspberry jam, with a rose (the fruity smelling roses) background!! I like it!

Pure Indulgence- This smells like brown sugar and rum to me!! Yep, booze and sugar LOL, almost a butterscotch scent, like a hot toddy maybe?? There's a slight floral undertone, that I don't recogonize??

Hey! Hey! Cute Cabana Boy-Not sure about this one either, definitely a slight tropical smell to it, but it almost has a minty type note in there somewhere (very light) and it smells "girlie" to me, meaning sweet, almost like something you'd wear on your lips!! LOL

Ok, there ya go, I emailed Stacy about the missing sample (shampure type) so waiting to hear from her on that.

I'm not very good at describing scents, and I guess I'm really picky (after re-reading my reviews ;) ) cuz there are really only TWO out of these 11 that I can say I really Like wholeheartedly.

BUT, I just wanted to say, if you're looking for the more unusual type of scents, this is the place to go for sure! And Stacy's descpriptions are awesome, and pretty dead on IMO. :D

I can't wait to get some more!! (gotta have money of course!! LOL). :D

Now I am gonna have to order some FO's cause you have my curiosity peaked. I am on the hunt for something similar to Serendipity that CC carries. That is my favorite FO, but alas not B&B safe :( So I would love to have something similar that IS B&B safe.

I got a sample from them in last week and poured two of them over the weekend. The turquoise I like, but I can't place the familiar smell. It's kinda earthy, oxygenish... The Kitchen Spice is TO DIE FOR... it's BBW's dupe and I'm telling you, it's kick a**. I got Texas Sunrise too... I can smell the leather in it, so I'm not too sure about it either. I can't remember what the other three were though.

When they get back from spring break, I'm buying a pound of the Kitchen Spice. ;)

Oh man I keep forgetting to order the Kitchen Spice. I can't wait to try the Brown Sugar & Fig and the Honey & Propolis. Just gotta get some more $$ in the bank, lol. Oh, the Vert too.

I didn't care too much for the Turquoise myself. That one may appear in the classy ads next week when I am done doing FO inventory.

Love the Ooh La La :) Even if you hate bakery scents you have to try the Peach Jam Cheesecake and the Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies. yu-MEEEEE!

C'mon Stacy, have a great sale when you open back up puh-leeze :D