zep from Home depot

Marisa

Hey, Went to Home Depot today and the had crystal drain opener 2 lbs $5.99..its called ZEP! I looked everywhere on the bottle and it says contains Sodium Hydroxide.. and I didnt see any other ingrediants listed ..HAs anyone else bought this and is it really 100% lye?

Guest EMercier

Zep is not 100%, I thought of that and it is not. I use Robotec (I know I'm butchering the name) from Lowes. It's 100%. I've also soaped with it as well. I bought that and the last can of Red Devil they had.

thanks guys, I didnt buy it yet, but Ill go back to my neighboring ma & pa store (they still have a load of the red devil) but the zep was cheaper :) Anway I thought it was too good to be true and it is!LOL

Zep is not 100%, I thought of that and it is not. I use Robotec (I know I'm butchering the name) from Lowes. It's 100%. I've also soaped with it as well. I bought that and the last can of Red Devil they had.

LOL....I think it's Roebic ;)

So if I found a store that has Red Devil lye I should buy all they have. I didn't realize that Red Devel doesn't make this anymore. I just bought some the other day and it was on sale for $2.99. I guess I'll be making a trip back to that store!!!