Initial Test results:C1, C3, EL, EL Millenium & GW 464

Results when following manufacutrer's instructions:

C1 ~ Top is pitted. Throw ~ Cold: so-so Hot: so-so

C3 ~ Top is nice, smooth, but has sinkhole. Throw ~ Cold: better than C1

Enchanted Lites container ~ Top is pitted. Throw ~ Cold: so-so

Enchanted Lites millenium ~ Top looks like fine cottage cheese, even kinda hilly. Throw ~ Cold: better than EL container

GW 464 ~ Top smooth and flat, there may be what you call "frosting", not sure, just appears to be some light swirls visible. Throw ~ better than C1.

(I just poured the GW 464 at 7:00am this morning, so will know better after it ages a couple of days what it's true character will turn out to be.)

All were poured into warmed 4 oz jellys and were cooled under a heavy shallow box in a warm place. Humidity was a constant 46.

I will be repouring them all at different temperatures on the next round.

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement. Now off to test some more wicks...

Rocky

It sure sounds like you need some different temps. I have the sample of 464 and poured at 135 slowly and got a great turnout. I have never used the other waxes so I can suggest anything there. Glad to hear at least you have jumped in now you just have to see which wax works for you and your wallet.

Fire and Ice, Pouring C3 that hot will prevent sink holes? Because that was the only problem with the C3. It had a wonderful texture and smooth top and no frosting that I could detect. From what I've read, I was under the impression that heating it to 190* may burn off too much FO. This is not true?

hewells, I am very impressed with the GW464, it is at the top of my list! I was very pleased with my first attempts with it. If it consistently performs this well I would not hesitate to purchase a larger quantity.

I did a second pour on the C1 yesterday, poured it hot right after stirring in the fragrance, and the tops are certainly different from the first pour. On the whole it appears to be more solid, no pitting, instead it appears "pebbly" or an appearance of popped bubbles although I witnessed no bubbles on the surface during the cooling period ~ yes, I peeked! I'm sure this could be easily remedied with a heat gun as suggested by others.

Rocky