New at this

I am using Paraffin GenWax 128

I continue to get these white blotches through out my candles... I have to add sterin or they wont burn...the wick hits the melt pool and goes out. I have tried and experimented with different wicks. When making a Novelty that I dont want to burn, I dont use sterin and they come out looking nice and colorful with no problem of release. I use liquid color and frangrance.

I am just making pillars, and always have a lil extra wax so I just make a votive or 2, they burn fine but are not pretty.

Any suggestions ?? I am about ready to quit after a large $$$ investment

I am not familiar with your particular wax, so not sure how helpful I can be. I use IGI 1242 for pillars (not sure if its the same code in the US), and it works like a dream.

I always use Vybar in paraffin, find it better than sterin. A picture of your candle would help determine your trouble, as Dee said. Often white spots occur when you pour too hot. I have also had light spots, that I call blooms, as a result of too much FO. There are some FO's that I find you can't push beyond 1/2 oz per pound. I know that you see a lot of posts with 1 1/2 oz per pound, but this is soy wax being used and it will hold more oil that parrafin.

As for why they won't burn, no idea except too much sterin perhaps. How much are you using? Odd that your votives burn fine but not your pillars. Try and get a photo up of the pillars.

Cheers, Janette