glass container

Boogey2Shoes

Thanks- I'll check out Michaels next time I go to the big city. Anyone know how to turn my pressure cooker canner into a gel melter. What type of spout/pipe fitting goes on the bottom, how far from bottom. when you heat the gel up does the heat unclog the drain valve? I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this - pros and cons. My current method is really a mess. Thanks. B2S

I'm with Jenn. We do a lot of business making candles and all we use is a presto pot because ideally gel is to be used in a double boiler. Heating the gel too hot will cause a fire and it does heat up quicker than the soy we use. The presto is not a bad investment. Much cheaper than the regular candle wax/gel melters.

No it is not a double boiler just a very heavy cast aluminum. I will look into the presto pot. I was looking at something that had a drain-type spout for just drawing out the melted gel to avoid some of the pouring mess. Also, you can melt quite a bit of gel at one time. Thanks for the help.

Anyone know where I can get small glass rectangular containers? I purchased one at Walmart - called a votive container - 5 3/4"longx2 3/8 tallx3 7/8" wide. No brand on the bottom. It does not have a cover. Any ideas?
I believe it is a Libbey container. The Walmart here still carries them. Riekes Glass sells Libbey also but they have a $250 min order