8oz Tumbler

Has ANYONE wicked this thing and been HAPPY with your results?

For obvious reason, we have no clue how a client is going to burn our candles. SO, we wick them to perform as if the client would be burning them in a proper manner.

I believe that it could be because the diameter of the tumbler is so narrow......but every wick I have used...and I have used SO MANY, causes some soot on the glass once the candle has passed the 1/2 point. Of course they are burning beautifully for the first 10-12 hours...once the wax gets lower....not so good.

I think it would be with any wax or any FO, honestly:undecided unless it is SO underwicked that the client has fear the entire time it is burning that the little flame is going to go out!

Any suggestions?

I think, IMHO, that you have to wick for the bottom 1/2 of a candle. I know I have to in my tins. I just don't trust my customers to blow it out and let it rest and trim wick before they relight it. In my 11 oz tureens (double wicked), I really have to wick for the bottom 1/2. Two wicks, too big can get really hot. I forgot what wax you are using, but try 1 wick smaller?