Choosing a wick brand!

I have been using the MC soy 125. I am testing wicks to fit my jars. I haven't been so lucky with HTP's. I know certain cottons work for me but I am not crazy about the mushrooming. I am still curious about other wicks.

I hear alot of people throw around CD and RRD's. I have read the technical info. Can someone explain what is the overall difference. I don't want to take anybodies hardwork or secrets. But I am afraid I might by a specific brand and later realize it was for the wrong purpose. I usually use MC for wicks but if I decide to explore other options I might have to go elswhere because they only carry HTP's and Cottons.

Thanks again.

I have tried several kinds of wicks in my soy candles and the CD's were ok but not great for me...I ended up going with the ECO's and for the most part they work great in all the jars I use regularly. I have had some issues with larger jars (over 3.5"D) but got around that by double wicking. I've never tried the RDD, so I can't say anything about them. HTH btw--I get my ECO's at BCN

CD and HTP are essentially the same wick, one made in the US and one made in Germany. I love the HTP's they work well for me. A lot of people use the RRD wicks, but their sizes are a little more limited. Also I know you mentioned cottons, but the Peak cotton wicks are good wicks. They burned well for me in my testing, and were my 2nd choice. You should just order a couple of sampler packs of the other wicks you are interested in and see what works the best for you. :D

I use ECOs and CDs but have been testing the Wick-It Premiere 700 series of wicks. I really like the way these wicks burn but am still in the testing stages at this point and nowhere near ready to change wicks yet.

Get samples of various wicks and test to see which you prefer. That's about the only way you'll know.