4630 problems

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem the 4630 wax, is getting a strange black coloring on the top of the wax, I think it is from off the wick, I used to use j-50 but they quit carrying it , not sure why this is happening. I know someone else said they blended their 4630, any ideas where to start with a blend, in all the years I have done this have never had this problem. Wicks are htp104's. Thanks in advance for any help.

Valerie

We have been testing with this wax and have noticed that after burning, the melt pool cools to a darker shade (in the jars that have been left natural, or dyed a light color). I am new to this also, so I can't give any advice, but I will be curious to see if anyone else can help. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm having pretty much the same problem, but I'm not using 4630... I'm using 1343, and I'm making pillars!! I've used this wax, dye and FO combination before, and I've tried different wicks.... so I've absolutely no idea why it is doing this?!?!?

Any of you have any ideas?!?!?

post-1101-139458397714_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm having pretty much the same problem, but I'm not using 4630... I'm using 1343, and I'm making pillars!! I've used this wax, dye and FO combination before, and I've tried different wicks.... so I've absolutely no idea why it is doing this?!?!?

Any of you have any ideas?!?!?

That is really odd! I use 1343 for my pillars too and have never seen this. Is this happening on all your pillars or just this color? Did you use UV? Did you change anything at all (ie: dye, stearic, UV etc from a different supplier)?

I've had this happen with several different waxes. When you extinguish the candle and the meltpool hardens back up, it is discolored. Container palm wax seems to be especially bad for that. I'm thinking it is the heat reacting with the fragrance oils.

I had a problem with the last case of 4630 that I got from Lonestar. It seemed too hard when I cut it, but I chalked it up to the low temp in our house (had the a/c wide open). But the tops looked different and I had HUGE wet spots after they cured.

Called them and they said they had a shippment that was "too hard"...I'm thinking pillar wax? They are replacing my case, but I've got lost FO and wicks. :embarasse I melt 8 pounds at a time.

Just thought I'd share my trouble with 4630.

That is really odd! I use 1343 for my pillars too and have never seen this. Is this happening on all your pillars or just this color? Did you use UV? Did you change anything at all (ie: dye, stearic, UV etc from a different supplier)?

No, I pretty much used the same formula that I've always used, except I'm testing some new eco wicks. However, the ball candle is a LX wick that I always use for my balls, and it has done the same thing. I didn't use UV. One thing though, these are remelts. They were shiny, and I just didn't like the look, so I returned them to the pot for rustics... maybe that made the difference?!?!? I still can't figure out what the variable would be that would cause such a result.......

As far as whether it happens with other pillars.... It would be hard for me to tell as most of them are dark colors.

I had a problem with the last case of 4630 that I got from Lonestar. It seemed too hard when I cut it, but I chalked it up to the low temp in our house (had the a/c wide open). But the tops looked different and I had HUGE wet spots after they cured.

Called them and they said they had a shippment that was "too hard"...I'm thinking pillar wax? They are replacing my case, but I've got lost FO and wicks. :embarasse I melt 8 pounds at a time.

Just thought I'd share my trouble with 4630.

Hmmm, the wax we have been having discoloration problems with was also from Lonestar.....:undecided