Possible Wholesale Order

paulalynn

Hi everyone...I might have my first wholesale order & unsure of what to do!! I received an email from a lady stating she was very interested in my candles. The company she had been ordering off of was a large company very unpersonal & had been taking longer & longer each order to ship out her order. Because of that she has been losing business. She lives several states away. My questions are should there be a minimum on the first sale? Also should I offer all my fragrances? Should I send a brochure to her to allow her to view my products? I need any suggestions on wholesale orders not just pretaining to the questions I asked! I would like to know what you all have learned from past experiences!!! Any help would be great!

Paula

i think are some good threads on the old board about contracts. one thing i remember is to have a minimum order. i would also state what the time is from order to delivery, giving yourself enough leeway to make them and ship them. i also remember someone saying that it should have on there if there is a minimum number of candles to order per scent so that they couldn't say "i want two sugar cookie votives, 1 vanilla pillar, 2 fruit slices jars.....etc" it just makes it easier on you when pouring. be sure to cover damages (if something happens to it while in her store, she is responsible for PAYING for replacements, not you).

all i can think of now.:)

Thanks SnowCow! I emailed her back & I am now thinking I might have scared her off!!! I had too much going in my head...She wanted a list of the sizes I carry so I emailed that to her & also told her she could view what I had to offer on my website which I gave her. Then I also told her I had a brochure that I could send her with the items also along with the wholesale prices & minimum. I haven't heard back from her yet & that was yesterday. So I think when I said minimum it might have scared her away! Oh well...maybe one day I will get wholesale orders! Thanks everyone! Keep the ideas coming just in case I do get one!

Paula