Sugar Cane Soap

Gypsyjen

A couple of weeks ago I tried a new recipe using goat's milk and dehydrated sugar cane juice (1T ppo). Let me tell you, this has got to be the most fabulous soap ever! I used SW Light Muscovado Sugar as the FO. It made such a yummy smelling, lathery, silky soap, I just had to share with y'all ('cause I know you can appreciate this!) :grin2:

I got the sugar cane juice (which comes in granules like turbinado sugar) at the bulk foods section of Wild Oats Market (natural health food store) for those who are interested.

Edited to add: I do my goat's milk differently than most people here. I mix 2T goat's milk powder in 1/2C distilled water and add it to the batch after putting the lye water in the oils. Don't know if it makes a difference, adding it to the batch vs. adding it to the lye water. I don't like that funky smell when adding it to the lye.

Did you dissolve the sugar cane in the lye water or in the oils?
I dissolved it in the lye water. Should have dissolved it before adding the lye, but I forgot, and had to add it after.

Isn't sugar cane juice in granular form just sugar??? I'm confused.
White sugar happens after it's processed and refined. The stuff I got has all the molasses and natural juices still in it. I'd say it's like getting white bread vs. whole grain.

I made a typo in my initial post - I used 1T, not 1oz, ppo. And I would've posted pics but the batch seized on me (too much water discount for goat's milk soap! Shame on me) and it got fugly. But it sure feels great! :D I'll make another batch soon and recruit some testers!