Linen spray recipe

mustang67

I didn't have a recipe on hand, but upon doing a bit of searching I came across a couple that may help.

1) Cyclomethicone Linen Spray-Mix in FO or EO at any dilution depending on desired strength and recommended usage levels of FO or EO. Common dilution rates are 1 part FO/6 parts cyclo up to 1 part FO/3 parts cyclo. Won’t leave linens wet and doesn’t stain! (test on white linen to make sure the FO doesn’t stain tho!)

2) 1/4 c distilled water

1/4 c witch hazel

+ FO/EO of choice

• 4 months later...
I didn't have a recipe on hand, but upon doing a bit of searching I came across a couple that may help.

1) Cyclomethicone Linen Spray-Mix in FO or EO at any dilution depending on desired strength and recommended usage levels of FO or EO. Common dilution rates are 1 part FO/6 parts cyclo up to 1 part FO/3 parts cyclo. Won’t leave linens wet and doesn’t stain! (test on white linen to make sure the FO doesn’t stain tho!)

2) 1/4 c distilled water

1/4 c witch hazel

+ FO/EO of choice

do you need to add a preservative to this?

I know people interchange room spray for body spray so was wondering

TIA

I had seen a recipe..maybe at Bitter Creek?..that used a cheap-grade of alcohol, like Vodka.

If you add water to alcohol, of any sort, doesn't it cloud??

Would Witch Hazel cloud? and...wouldn't water cause more of a problem with dispersing and drying?

I want to try this soon, so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks,

Fern-Marie

I use the receipe with 50/50 witch hazel and distilled water but I add polysorbate 20 in equal amounts to the FO to help the solution mix, it won't always "stay" incorporated, but it seems to help "hold" it and in my opinion the scent is stronger and lasts longer when I use it. I don't color mine, they come out milky looking and I just use dark bottles.