? on Glycerin Scrub Base from MMS

Cindy/WI

I ordered a couple of samples of that when it first came out. I don't know if they've made changes to it or not. I just added sugar and a few drops of FO. It made my hands red and itchy and terribly dry after it was rinsed off. No help here, sorry.

Thanks Carrie, I have tried it and so have my testers and out of 4 testers only one thought it could be a little thicker but other than that everyone just loved it and have been asking to buy it. So I thought I would make some up just not real sure on what % FO should go in. I think to be safe I'll just stick around 1 - 2 %. Cindy/WI

1.8 ml of fo? That's like 1 1/2 drops per 9 ozs. To put it in perspective, 5 mls equals 1 tsp. That's not hardley enough to adequately scent the product. Are ya sure they were talking fo and not EO?

Glycerine is a wonderful humectant for the skin. Cindy, if you want to make it a bit thicker, try some silica. Should work perfectly!:wink2:

This is from the MMS site.

Here is my quick Skin Frosting Scrub recipe: 9 oz wt Glycerin Scrub Base, 9 oz wt granulated white sugar, 1.8 mL fruity type fragrance like Paradise or Pixie Dust. Mix well. Add a drop or two of color if desired, add seeds, fiber or luffa if desired. Fills one 16 fl oz Deep Jar with Size 89 Cap. This mixture keeps the frosting appearance and always looks fresh made. The sugar does NOT settle to the bottom with a gooey layer on top like other recipes. This base is so easy and it makes everyone look like a professional scrub artist.