AAA Canlde FOs

disturbed

I ordered some scents from AAA Candle, and have some mixed reviews. Love the Strawberries and Cream, along with the dreamcicle. Cucumber Melon is Ok, but I'm not a fan of this FO.

My problems are with the BNB and bubblegum. The bubblegum smells like a sweet acetone, hot, cold, even in the bottle. Banana Nut Bread reminds me of burnt ink. Just awfull.

I use a straight paraffin wax with 2 TableSP/pound of stearic plus 1/4 TableSP/pound of vybar. Making tarts, and 5oz jars for candle warmers. FO was tried at 1.0oz, 0.75oz, and 0.5oz per pound. Using 0.5oz FO with the bubblegum did tone it down a bit, but it ended up smelling like a weak acetone.

Anyone else have trouble with these scents from AAA (or any other supplier) or is the problem perhaps with my nose?

My testers all gave mixed results on the BNB and bubblegum. From 5 people, 5 different results.

After the wax is melted, it's cooked at 200 for 45 minutes, then brought down to 180 to mix in the stearic, vybar, and color. Then lowered to 170 to mix in the FO. After stirring for a bit (3-4 minutes) it's then poured into the the molds at 170.

The above method has worked without problems for countless other FOs.

So have you tried AAA's bubblegum and BNB?