Someone was looking for the tumblers with the flat metal lids/caps??

Michi

I found them!! Whoooo Hooooo

I remember it was a while back that someone was looking for these, it was one of the men around here, but not sure if he eventually found them or not, but I just wanted to give him and anyone else interested a heads up on them. :)

I found them here:

http://www.yessupplyco.com/

They call them madison jars and they have them in 8,12 and 18oz sizes and two lids sizes with the one lid fitting both the 8 and the 12oz. jars.

I ordered both the 8oz and the 12oz. today, but waiting to hear how much shipping will be before I finalize. That's the only thing I hate about this, is that you don't know how much shipping will be up front. :(

Oh and the company is in Ohio, which is another bummer for ME at least.

Yah the lid DID seem kinda high to me also, but heck I'm thinking, "hmm those jars are just straight up and down, which is soo much easier to get a great burn out of, and I'm desperate to find a bigger jar that WORKS. ;)

I have about 6-8 different types in my hutch that are just collecting dust cuz I can't wick them properly or don't like the way they burn (sooting, hang up, etc.). :rolleyes: I've wasted more $$ on friggin' jars I swear! grrrrr

Anywho, I just wanted to update that the company called me this morning, very nice lady by the name of Toni(y?) to let me know how much the shipping would be for the two cases with lids and it's going to be $22.60 to ship them from OH to me in CA.

No wonder I haven't found a jar I like yet, I just cringe every time I have to pay shipping on heavier items. I just keep thinking, "damn with all the shipping $$, I could buy this or this or this......" :(

But, I guess I gotta do what I gotta do to be able to offer my customers bigger candles. (right now I just make small dudes).

Sooooo, we'll see I guess I should probably have them by the end of the week, and won't be able to test them until the beginning of the month probably.

Just thought I'd update on this since I know there were a few interested. :)

I don't think those would work with the tumblers/madison jars b/c those lids are threaded and the jars are not.

I'm anxious to see if the lids are worth .73 ea. ;)

My order should be here Friday (according to UPS), so I'll let you all know what I think of them at least at first sight. :)

I just found those jars (tumblers) at the dollar store...

I love them... they have slight imperfections at the bottom, like tiny bubbles and such, but nothing to worry about.

and I don't mind not having the lids for them...

I think GrannysCandles must be getting a kick back of some sorts from fancyjars.com. ;)

I got my jars on Friday, just as promised, and I like them. I got the 8oz. and the 12 oz. now I wish I would have gotten the bigger ones also (16oz??). I'm not sure I really like the 12oz. jars, as they are taller and look almost like a water glass, but the quality is good.

The lids are ok, they are light aluminum and they have an insert in them that makes them FIT into the jar snuggly which is nice, and then you can/could use the lid for a table protector under the candle (this is what I do with metal lids). ;)

I haven't poured any of them yet but just wanted to update about receiving them.

:)

Don't know if Granny is getting a kickback or not, but I'm sure glad she (or whoever) told us about the Metro jars from FancyCandleJars--I ordered a case and love them--got new label samples over the weekend, so I can't wait to pour and try out different labels on them.

Jane