Gb 449

I have been on a 3 month break from making candles when I decided to drag out my wax a see what I could do. Last I was testing were the GB 435, 444, and 449. I decided that I like the 449 the best. Is anyone still playing with this wax or have you moved on to bigger and better things? I lit some candles that I made in december, and wow they are strong. I poured the 449 around 140* and added 3% BW to one of my testers and abut 9% FO. They both seem to be throwing and burning about the same with the BW combo leaving slight more hangup on the jars. They are having the rough and bumby set up, but no frosting wich is a total tradeoff. I thought that the BW might have gotten rid of the pitting and bumpiness, but it had no effect.

Ok, so my question is have any of you tried adding paraffin to this wax, like the J223? I think that will be my next test. Just curious, thanks for your input.

These new GB waxes do not do well at all with beeswax added in them, there was a small discussion about it a while back. I tried it myself, and they were horrible looking. Not sure how it is going to respond to adding paraffin to it, but it doesn't hurt to give it a shot, just so you know for sure.