Finding right wick for 12 sided jar

I received my 12 sided jars a few days ago and I love the way they look. However my 12oz I am having trouble finding the right zinc wick. I am using J50 with 1oz blueberry cheesecake per pound. I used a 51 and I did not get a good melt pool it sort of tunnelled but throw was nice. Then I used a 44-28-18 and I got a better melt but took 4 hours to get but leaving slight residue on sides of glass. Is there one in between these two. What else can I do? I really love the zinc wicks with the J50. I need help quick because I have orders for this particular jar within the next two weeks.:confused:

Thank you both for your help I should be receiving my 60s today along with more J50 but I also am testing the 15oz which has a 3.25 diameter and it takes off with a full melt within an hour and a half using a 51 my pool is about 1/2" deep and scent throw is excellent. Is that burning too fast?

Thank you both for your help I should be receiving my 60s today along with more J50 but I also am testing the 15oz which has a 3.25 diameter and it takes off with a full melt within an hour and a half using a 51 my pool is about 1/2" deep and scent throw is excellent. Is that burning too fast?

That does sound a bit fast. I shoot for roughly one inch in diameter per hour of burn time for my melt pools. A little under or over -- no biggie. But if it's vastly different, I change my wick size.

Each fo/dye combo is different, so you have to test wick sizes with each new combo. HTH!