Stress relief cp w/peacock dyes & layered vanilla pear cp

guppygirl

The top layered soap is my first attempt at layering. The soap on the left is what happens when you're not so patient. Luckily it only happened to about 3 or 4 bars.

The bottom soap is my stress relief blend. Used my new peacock dyes... gotta tell ya guys, I'm not so thrilled with them. I like the color, a lot, BUT, I had to use almost the entire 1/4oz sample bottle and those bottles are not cheap!

312soaps.jpg

Those are beautiful! The top ones look like a yummy cream cake! :D

Too bad about the dyes. I have heard some people rave about them. But if you have to use that much (and they are expensive) it might not be worth it. :undecided Love the stress relief! I have some I am going to be trying out real soon!

Soaps look great. The layered one looks like a slice of layer cake. What scents are they?

The brown is vanilla, the white is pear... I've tried this combo once before but never layered. Let's all thank Brenda for the inspiration LOL!! I've been dying to try layered cp ever since I got her citrus bar in the soap swap - thanks Brenda!!!

Great Job!!!!!! They look wonderful!!!!

Gotta find good color...I am in search for some too!! I will stary away from the peacock! Thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Thanks Cranberry!

OK, I did some more research on peacock's site... It does say that 1/8th tsp. should give a pastel color to 5# of cp soap, which was why I thought only a few drops would take care of a pound! Apparently it changes once it cures & you can't go by how it looks before the soap sets up. Guess I'll have to try another batch (not with this color since I'm almost out LOL!) and post results. Don't wanna speak poorly of a company's products if it's my own fault, although they are still expensive compared to select shades which I believe is supposed to be as concentrated. We'll see!