Finally finished jar candles

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful! These belong in an upscale Spa/Salon. I love the simple lines of the jar and the labels are really attractive.

I hope you won't mind my asking but here goes; 'how do you achieve the granite/mottled finish? Is it a specific type of Soy wax?' I posted a thread a few days ago about this type of finish but the consensus was that it coudn't be done with Soy. I'm not asking for a trade secret but if it's something you don't mind sharing I would appreciate it. If not, I totally understand that too:wink2:

I had some paraffin candles a few years ago (before I even thought about making candles) with this finish and always loved the way they looked.

Thanks!

Linda

Thanks to everyone for their compliments on these. As for a mottled/granite finish, I don't think these look like that, it is more of a creamy look. Maybe my pic didn't show up right, have to check. :) I'm seeing the pic as a creamy look, but back to what you were asking, I don't think I've ever seen a soy jar candle with a granite affect. Please share if you have a photo.

Thanks to everyone for their compliments on these. As for a mottled/granite finish, I don't think these look like that, it is more of a creamy look. Maybe my pic didn't show up right, have to check. :) I'm seeing the pic as a creamy look, but back to what you were asking, I don't think I've ever seen a soy jar candle with a granite affect. Please share if you have a photo.

Oops - Sorry about mistaking the creamy look for a granite look. I'm sure that wasn't very encouraging and I'll be sure to look closer at pictures before making comments again :embarasse

I truly think your candles are beautiful !!!

So far no luck locating a pic of the granite look but if I find one I'll post it.

Thanks for your reply.