Metal Trays for Low Watt Electric Warmers

Does anyone know a good source, reasonable prices for metal bowls/trays to use on the electric plate low wattage burners. I am looking for some at a low price that I can include with purchase of electric tart burners. I use a tart mold on mine & it throws great I would like to find nicer ones that would work before I order any of the low watt burners.

What do you guys think about using metal trays on burners...is there any reason, safety or otherwise, I shouldn't do this?

Thanks Kaybee23: I did see the skillets and they are really cute, but I am looking for something not quite as heavy, also that costs not over $1, as I want to include one free w/some low watt warmers I might be ordering (if I can find a metal tray I like that will do a better job than the ceramic bowl). I did see some on some website that has the curled handles, but they cost too much to throw in free with the warmer purchase. What I'm looking for will be hard to find, I'm sure, but if anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Thanks nbkfdu4: The nearest Joann's is 2-3 hours from me and I didn't see these on their website. There is a Michael's and an A.C. Moore's less than 15 miles from me in Myrtle Beach. I think I will check both places for something I can use.

• 1 month later...

It would depend upon the wattage of the tart warmer. If the wattage is very low, ceramic or Pyrex bowls aren't really satisfactory. With those, a metal holder is needed to help conduct the heat better. Right now, I'm using shallow 4 oz tins for that, but would also like to find something more attractive. One advantage they have is that they do come with a cover, so it makes it easy to remove the tart and put on the lid and store for later reuse. But it is impossible to remove the wax when solid because of the indented area at the top of the tin, so you have to pour the wax out while melted and wipe the tin; I'm not wild about that part.:sad2:

I use stainless steel pinch bowls that I got from Linens and Things. They come 4 for 3.99 I think. You'll find them in the housewares section of the store. They look decent and conduct the heat very well which gives your tarts great throw. I also use the tart burners from BCN that work very well and they are only 6.25 each. Only draw back is that they don't have a removeable bowl, however; if you turn them on for about 5 minutes, then wedge a spoon down the side, you can pop the tart out pretty easily.