Poured my first candles :)

So I poured my first candles...it was scarey and exciting, I poured the birthday cake FO in the 16 oz jars that come in the mill creek kit, they smell and burn beautifully, although I got a little too excited and poured a little too hot so I was stuck with a little frosting and some wet spots. My husband says they make him hungry for cake every time I burn them,

The melt pool burns all the way out, the only problem I seem to have is mushrooming, but that seems to be a common enough problem so I am going to do some more research on it and then wick accordingly.

Thanks for the help and any future help :)

Aileene

Congratulations on your first candles! :) The first ones are so exciting and yes a little scary. ;) It sounds like they turned out good. If the mushrooms are not horribly big I would not worry about them if the burn was good -- good meltpool, nice size flames (not too big or too small) and a clean burn. There are wicks that are less prone to mushroom. Which wick did you use? Anyway, keep up the good work and have fun! This is very addicting so be prepared. :D

~Holly

I poured my first soy candles last week from a BCN kit. (EZ soy in 8 oz. mason jars scented with creme brulee). Well, I obviously poured at too cool of a temp! It was like trying to pour mashed potatoes!!! What a mess : ( . I was following the enclosed instructions which said to pour when the wax cooled to 100 degrees. I guess we all have to start somewhere : ). I'm not giving up cuz I did enjoy it and they do smell good. I'll have to remelt them though. Thanks for all the support here, sure do appreciate it.

Jill