Scales

Guest EMercier

I thought the ones in the stores were a bit expensive to me. I got one from ebay for $12.50. Shipping wasn't much because it was coming from Jersey. I think it was flat rate. I love it!

I purchased mine from Brambleberry. I have been using it for a couple of years now with no problems.

I had a cheap one before that. The digital face of it was not sealed all of the way and I dripped olive oil in it. It didn't work after that.

I would make sure that the one that you purchase you are able to wipe down and all of the buttons and face of it is sealed or is one piece.

Guest EMercier

Yea, you're right. I didn't notice that until you said something mountainmadness. That happened to me and I was able to wipe it down without anything messing up.

I have the Taylor brand digital kitchen scales from Meijer. It has 11 lb capacity, weighs in tenths of an ounce and grams, and has a tare function. Runs on two CR2032 lithium watch batteries. Cost me about 29 bucks. The gram measurement is a little sensitive but overall I like it. It is plastic, so you need to get a big freezer baggie and put it in it to protect from wax and FO drips.

geek :grin2:

My last scales ( the one that just quit) I got from Wal mart. It lasted me 8 years. Can't say I didn't get my money's worth from that one. Just not sure when I will be getting to wal mart again so have been looking on line. Plus I was right in the middle of weighing oil when it quit.

I have the KD600 also. I bought mine from an OldWillKnot e-bay auction for $39.01 ($27.51+$11.50). Took me about two months of watching auctions because I refused to pay over $39.50 (with shipping).

I have been very pleased with my scale.

HTH.

Many buy them from www.oldwillknottscales.com and have said nothing but good things about them. The same company also has a store thru ebay.

I got mine from Old Will Knott but check out their ebay auctions - they're much cheaper there. I got the My Weigh Ultraship 75 scale that measures to 1/10 of an ounce up to 2# and 1/2 ounce to 75#. It ended up being $40.01 including shipping.