Metro/Status Jars....Wet Spots?

Are the metro jars prone to have more wet spots (for J50 or J223 users) than most jars? I am thinking about ordering some to test and believe I read somewhere they are thicker than most and wondered if this would cause wet spots to be more obvious.

I really don't think the thickness of the jar has anything to do with the wetspots. I use a thin 4oz. jar and that sucker is almost a solid wet spot. LOL

Embrace the wetspots girl, there aint nothin' you can do about 'em. ;)

I really want to try the metro/status jars as well. I'm just kinda bummed that they only come in two sizes. :(

I stopped worrying about wetspots around October last year and it was the best decision I ever made. It is NOT worth the effort to worry about them for 2 reasons:

1. You cannot control them. If you pour a great looking candle with no wetspots, chances are that sooner or later they will appear. The temperature and humidty changes can cause them and you have no control over the weather.

2. No one notices them. Seriously. None of my customers have ever noticed or commented on them. They don't care at all so why should I?

By the way, the metro jars are thinner than the square masons I use and I think they're a little thinner than a regular JJ. But they get wetspots in about the same ratio as my other jars. No more, no less. HTH :)

I'm totally new at making candles. I'm using J223 wax and had bought the 8oz metro/status. I got wet spots gallore on the jars that I put on my kitchen window sill.. and the ones on the counter look fine!.

My guess is the cold is causing the wet spots because the other candles down on the counter look fine.( I'm in the frozen tundra...a.ka.. Northern NY)

Right now I'm having a much bigger problem with just wicking these candles..Gerrrr!

... but the apperance of the wet spots do bug me!

Im making these to give as gifts .. and wanted them to be...well,..Perfect!!

I'm totally new at making candles. I'm using J223 wax and had bought the 8oz metro/status. I got wet spots gallore on the jars that I put on my kitchen window sill.. and the ones on the counter look fine!.

My guess is the cold is causing the wet spots because the other candles down on the counter look fine.( I'm in the frozen tundra...a.ka.. Northern NY)

Right now I'm having a much bigger problem with just wicking these candles..Gerrrr!

... but the apperance of the wet spots do bug me!

Im making these to give as gifts .. and wanted them to be...well,..Perfect!!

I understand wanting them to be perfect. Trying cooling the candles in your oven (turned off, of course). That works well for me, as it cools them very slowly. Also, if you must cool them on the counter, put them in a box or cover them with a thick kitchen towel. That will help the cool slower too.

I didn't elaborate as to why I was asking about the metro wet spots. I really like these jars, love the style. Four months ago, I bought 20 metro style jars from a local dollar store (Mighty Dollar, I believe) for $1 including candle wax. They look exactly like the ones the suppliers are selling. I didn't buy them for the candles & have never burned them (cheap, probably old wax, no scent), but bought them with intentions to melt wax & use for testing. Never got around to it til last week, so I tried one with same J223 batch using Hex jars, warmed all jars in oven, cooled off in oven together. Three days later the Hex jars had a few wet spots. nothing I can't deal with. My dollar store metro jar, which apparently is thicker than yours, AngelaVA (measures 3/16" thickness), not only has wet spots, but wet spots are as if they're magnified, looks from a side angle as if they have gaping holes between the wax & jar...not a typical wet spot only look. That's why I was wondering about these jars before I ordered...if they were the same thickness, of if anyone had tried J223 wax primarily, but you have answered my question. Yours are apparently thinner, and if you are satisfied with the wet spots they have, then I'm sure I will be. You are using J50, though, in these jars, not J223, aren't you, Angela? I just knew I would not be able to sell candles later with the gappy J223 wet spots like the dollar metro jar I tested. I would imagine anyone would comment on gaping looking wet spots like the ones I have in this dollar store jar. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of your jars wet spots. Now I do believe it must have something to do with the thickness and/or the J223 wax in those jars because the wax in the jars when I bought them didn't have gaping wet spots. (didn't look like J223 wax either). I know it had nothing to do with the way I poured/cooled, etc. since I did Hex jars at the same time.

Maybe I can salvage these jars by trying another wax, but wanted to make sure the ones everyone is using were not the same jars like I have. Thanks.