How do you

cmspath

do a "reverse swirl" I am going to be making a soap that will be dark in color - I wanted to do reverse swirl with the white.. typically when I add TD, I add it to the lye water and blend it before putting it in the main soap oils. What can I mix the TD in and add some of the soap batch to it to make it white for my swirl.. I hope that came out right.. :tongue2:

Take the TD and mix with a little oil or water, depending what kind it is. Take out your soap for the swirl and mix in the TD, add FO to the rest. Swirl away. You may or may not be able to see the swirl as you do it.

You can also do a total blind swirl. Skip the TD and reserve your soap for swirling before you add the FO. The swirl will show up later.

I just did one of these yesterday for the first time. I am making soaps for my daughters wedding, and the FO she chose discolours to a brown. So I decided to colour the base soap mulberry, and took out some soap before I added the mulberry and Fo, put some TD into this and swirled. Turned out beautiful. Hopefully the Fo will turn the mulberry a deep purple. Time will tell.

Tracey

Thanks for the replies.. I was going to give this a shot today - but came down with the flu or something and have been out it if pretty much all day.. Hopefully tomorrow when I get home from work I can try it.. anxious now.. :)