East Indian Sandalwood?

shirah

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever had Sandalwood imported? If so, did you have a problem? I recently received an order of what I thought was Sandalwood, but it was labeled Rosewood. When I contacted the vendor about the error, I was told that it was actually Sandalwood, but since it could not be exported as such so it had to be labeled Rosewood? As someone new to EO, I was not sure if this was correct. And, as someone is law enforcement for 18 years, I certainly don't want to be violating any US laws. Have you heard of this as well? I don't want to say my product contains Sandalwood if it's not actually so... and since I've never ordered pure essential Sandalwood, I have no idea if the scent is that of Sandalwood or something else.

:undecided

I have never heard of such a thing. Generally Rosewood is any hard fruit wood. At present, sandalwood prices are high for EO. I suspect your supplier is trying to pull a fast one. Anyone who has ever smelled sandalwood will know in an instant.

Thanks Janette. I had the same feeling, but wasn't sure if that was standard. Wanted someone else's input before I requested a credit. I ordered 10 oz. for $58. I'll be requesting an adjustment for the charges from my credit card company. Gosh I hate being cheated :(