Coconut Oil 15 oz (18.75%)

Olive Oil 30 oz (37.50%)

Palm Oil 9 oz (11.25%)

Palm Kernel Oil 4 oz (5.00%)

Shea Butter 7 oz (8.75%)

Super Fat at 8%

Lye 10.7 oz

Water 24 oz

I have all of the above except for the avacado oil. What can I substitue for it? Could I just replace the avacado oil with almond and have 8 oz total almond oil?

Also, how big of a batch is this? It seems fairly large and I was wondering if I could safely half everything to make a smaller batch. I am very new to this and not sure if I can do that. If I do half it, what size mold would be best.

TIA everyone!

I have all of the above except for the avacado oil. What can I substitue for it? Could I just replace the avacado oil with almond and have 8 oz total almond oil?

Also, how big of a batch is this? It seems fairly large and I was wondering if I could safely half everything to make a smaller batch. I am very new to this and not sure if I can do that. If I do half it, what size mold would be best.

TIA everyone!

If you add up the weights of the oils, you'll figure out what size batch you are working with.

As far as oil substitutions, you could just up that almond oil, but then you *have* to run it through the lye calc again to see if that changes.

You can reconfigure the batch size once you have everything all added in the calculator. Smallest batch I personally would do is 2lbs.

HTH