Candle Wreath

Okay I know this has been talked about before. What a joke. Do they not train these people before they send them out in the world to make millions. :D So I had a craft fair today, did alright 2x booth fee. Right next to me is this women selling Soy Jar candles. That's fine, I don't do jar candles...yet. She proceeds to tell me that she is part of Candle Wreath and blah blah blah. So I ask her if she had a hard time wicking the 9oz Balmoral Jars that she had. I kid you not, she just stood there and looked at me, she had no idea what I was talking about. So she changes the subject and asks me if my candles are 100% soy, because hers are. I told her that they weren't. Well all day this lady kept telling people that her candles were 100% soy and blah, blah, blah. One of the customers came by my booth after stopping at hers and listening to her "jingle" and asks if my candles are 100% soy and I precede to inform them that, no they were not 100% soy because of the coloring and fragrance. ;) Boy was she pissed off after that. Maybe she learned something. Oh well, just had to share.

Well all day this lady kept telling people that her candles were 100% soy and blah, blah, blah.

I've found that many people don't know how to sell without being obnoxious. You need to find something that is your "hook" to differientiate your products and stand out from all the others. However, you CAN promote your products by pointing out their features and benefits without sounding hauty and demeaning to other products. Snobbiness isn't necessary, but it is very common.:wink2: